The Truth About Ibiza
Honest Ayia Napa
He Makes Money
There are tons of simple ways to stash away some cash for your next blowout vacation. A little sacrifice now can go a long way later. When you’re feeling overwhelmed by the temptation to stray from saving money for your sun-filled getaway, use a little visualization to get yourself back on track.
Picture yourself catching some rays on a fantastic beach somewhere in the Caribbean with a fruity cocktail conveniently within reach. Imagine the excitement of putting on your hottest dress and heels and hitting an undiscovered club with your friends. These visualizations will help give you the motivation to stick with a plan for saving money.
Here are some easy and relatively painless ways to build your vacation fund:
1. Use your piggy bank
Dig out that piggy bank or use a jar to collect your change at the end of every day. You’ll be surprised at how much it can add up to at the end of a couple of months.
2. Opt for cheap entertainment
Skip a movie out and opt for renting videos at home. Add the cash you save to your vacation fund. Instead of buying the latest can’t-live-without-it music CD, get a friend to burn you a copy of theirs.
3. Make your own food
Pack your lunches for school and work. Don’t buy a bunch of pre-packaged convenience foods to pack because these are expensive too. Figure out how much money you’ve saved at the end of each week and write yourself a check for your savings.
Forget a trip to the mall and check out ebay or thrift shops for gently used clothes. You can use the money you save now to buy a sizzling bikini for your trip later or to upgrade to a better hotel room.
5. Delay major purchases
Avoid any major purchases until after your vacation. Really, your laptop will hold out for another six months and you can live with your couch for a little bit longer.
6. No soup for you
Drive by the drive-thru. When you get tempted to hit the local burger joint or taco restaurant – reconsider. Eating at home will not only add to your vacation savings but it will also save you calories (providing you eat something healthy). Steering clear of carry-out meals will fatten your wallet while keeping you slim for your trip.
7. Give up your everyday luxuries
Give up some extras for awhile. Buddy up with a girlfriend to give each other manicures instead of shelling out the money to a nail tech. Lay out in the sun instead of hitting the tanning salon. If you use a laundry service, get a little domesticated and wash your own clothes – it really isn’t that challenging. Giving up these services may be tough but just keep in mind that it’s only for a little while.
8. Resell those textbooks
If you’re a college student, don’t forget to cash in on reselling your textbooks. If you can’t sell them back to your bookstore, list them on half.ebay.com. You can also post bulletins at school listing the books you have available.
You deserve a break from the busy demands of your life to rejuvenate and refuel. With a little thriftiness you can make it happen. Just save and stay focused.
- How much to tip? Tipping in Argentina
- Work less, party more - 10 reasons why it is good for you
- How to finance your vacation: 5 ways to make money
- - After flashing my AmEx black card everything became so easy
- 8 ways to save money for spring break
- Use some common sense when partying on a budget: 4 tips.
- What is it like to work at Hooters?
- 10 reasons why partying hard can be good for your career�
- Beach bloopers video
- Broke on a spring break?
- Finance your parties: Blood Donator
- Avoid paying penalties on your luggage - Weigh it at home before you go
- No cash, but still want to party? Money making tip #1 - Mowing Lawns
- 10 ways to save money on beer
- How to smuggle alcohol onboard your cruise ship?
- Why Use the Hotel Safe?
- The costs of being the boss
- Working in Faliraki this summer
- What hotel advertising really means
- A short sociological introduction to the party hotspots in the USA
- How to party in style on a budget
- Bloggers dilemma week 1: VIP problems
- A short introduction to beach etiquette for the party traveller
- Where to travel for a dirt cheap vacation in Europe?
- Radical ways to motivate you to hit the gym
- Slingshot bikinis
10 Sleazy pick up lines (that probably works)
How to date a fitness model?
How to dress like a Pussycat Doll?
Ibiza is a party paradise
Sobe Miami photos
Money 4 spring break